Biorepositories are “libraries” where bio specimens are stored and made available for scientists to study for clinical or research purposes. These bio specimens will be commonly annotated with clinical, demographic and disease related information. The Biorepository began operations in 2013. It is a purpose-built, state of the art Biorepository facility for the receipt, processing storage and archival of human bio specimens and is an effort towards contributing to the future of translational research by providing physicians, researchers and scientists’ quality human specimens annotated with relevant clinical data aimed at improving human health and fighting disease
Our Biorepository Services offer a complete solution for managing the entire lifecycle of your specimens, from specimen draw to final destruction. Our services provide a cost-effective and time-saving means of storing your specimens for future trials or retesting employing.
State-of-the-art technologies to manage a wide range of samples and storage conditions including ambient, 2 to 8°C, -20°C, -40°C, -80°C, and -190°C vapor phase liquid dipin (-196°C) for plasma, serum, whole blood, DNA, PBMC, and tissue.
We can advise on the collection,shipment, processing, storage, and distribution of any type of bio specimen, including:
- Blood and blood derivatives (plasma, PBMCs, buffy coat, serum)
- Saliva, cerebrospinal and other fluids
- Urine, urethral swabs
- Breast milk, meconium
- Nail clippings, hair
- Semen, cervical swabs
We have a proprietary, custom built Sample Inventory Management System that manages a complete data set and audit trail to every sample.
Safety and Security
- State-of-the art storage equipments with environmental monitoring system that monitors temperature and humidity of facility and storage equipments 24/7.Our facility is equipped with emergency back-up(72hrs) generators for total infrastructure support and are coupled with 24/7 emergency response services.
- 24-hour restricted access facility with security surveillance
- Secured data access only to authorized personnel via log –in and password protection.
Flexibility and Scalability
- Wide range of frozen storage conditions including ambient, 2 to 8°C, -20°C, -40°C, -80°C, and -190°C vapor phase liquid nitrogen & dipin LN2 at (-196°C)
- Adaptable storage options, e.g. – a freezer assignment for larger containers / dedicated single shelf to cater to an individual request
- Capacity to store broad sample types including plasma, serum, whole blood, DNA, PBMC, and tissue
- Cost effective solution under one roof including sample Collection protocol set up; design, labeling and shipping of collection kit